The Medersa Ben Youssef

The Ben Youssef Medersa is a Koranic school, a jewel of Moorish architecture located in the medina of Marrakech. It was founded by Abu al-Hasan, Marinid Sultan.

The current structure of this former Koranic school was built around 1570 by the Saadians and restored in 1950 with 132 rooms and could accommodate up to 900 students.